This world would be a better place if.....

"The world will be a better place for you and for me"... This line from a song keeps coming back to my mind. I heard it from my students during their oral presentation yesterday. While they were performing , an incomplete statement crossed my mind. . "The world would be a better place if only God would destroy ___________."

Few of us are bold enough to utter those words, but I think most of us have considered that thought at one time or another. If only God would get rid of the world powers that threaten the safety of our nation.... the criminals who kill without conscience.. the doctors who terminate life rather than protect it... the political and social zealots who murder for their cause... the parents who abuse and even murder their children...the rapists who don't pity their victims...

Well,  we don't need to request God to destroy them. We do have the desire to revenge and retribute upon eveildoers, but I think we should not entertain that. God has other idea. He sees them as lost and in need of mercy and worthy of saving.

I think we should get God's "wavelength". We should not allow an individual or a group of people who are objects of God's love to become objects of our hatred or revenge.

"The world will be a better place for you and for me...."  this song will stay until I don't know when. All I know is that my teen- age students will do their jobs to make this place a better place and God will  save those who are worthy of saving.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce thank you for visiting my blogsite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sweetdet, thnx for visiting me here as well:-)

    ReplyDelete