Goosebumps in the bus

Early this morning I went to Davao by bus. I was with my co-teacher ,Ms. Rachelle. I had goosebumps when  I remembered about the bombing that ripped through the Rural Transit Bus while it was traversing the national highway in Barangay Dalapitan, Matalam town en route to Tacurong City from Cagayan de Oro City last Thursday morning. Apprehension embraced me all throughout the 3 hour travel from General Santos To Davao. It was good I was able to fall asleep, while Ms Rachelle dozed off ahead of me.

Traveling nowadays by bus has become terrifying and alarming. One could no longer enjoy the views outside the window which incessantly change before our eyes. How could these heartless  bombers grab us the joy of traveling by bus? They bring about fear and fright to innocent people. And that is so sad. Every place here is no longer safe for us because of what they are doing.

We had to return to Gen San this afternoon after accomplishing my transaction in Davao. We had to go back again by bus. All the same- nakakatakot at walang peace of mind during the travel. Anyway, it was a safe travel.

And thanks God I am home.

10-23-10

No comments:

Post a Comment