Like the Flowing River by Paulo Coelho

 Be like the flowing river,
Silent in the night.

Be not afraid of the dark.

If there are stars in the sky, reflect them back.
If there are clouds inthe sky,
Remember, clouds,like the river, are water,
So gladly reflect them too,
In your own tranquil depths..


 In this fascinating compilation of thoughts and stories, Paulo Coelho, the author of "The Alchemist', shares his own reflections on a vast range of subjects from traveling, music, elegance, nature both good and evil.
The book put me in Coelho's shoes when he was just a boy dreaming to be a writer to the time he became one of the famous writers in the world and the experiences he had between these points in time.

Here, a grandmother explains to her grandson how a meager pencil can show him the path of happiness. there are instructions on how to climb a mountain which discloses the secret to making your dreams a reality... ( I so love this part. I could relate to this. One day, I will tell the same story to my grandsons)

Coelho is so profound and inspiring even in his daily life. He is not just a masterful writer but a man full of wisdom.

After reading the book, I pondered. It made me enjoy living the more..

(Thanks to Sheila Cruz,my generous friend who sent me a copy of the book.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment