Grandmom's Heart (for Joshua Angelo)

I loved you from the very start,
While still in your mother’s womb
You already stole my breath,
and embraced my heart.

When you were born in this world,
 I gave your little body a warm embrace,
I blew my breath in your tiny face,
My life to you I’ll forever give.

When I first saw your precious face,
I prayed your life be touched with grace.
I thanked the angels from above,
And promised you unending love.

A lot of things we always share,
Like first steps and skinned knees,
Like bedtime stories and ABC's.
Like chasing butterflies and blowing a kiss.

A lot of things you want to know,
Like how birds fly and flowers grow.
Too many lessons I need to share,
Like hugging much and caring well.

Each night I lay you down to sleep,
I gently kiss your head and cheek.
I count your little fingers and toes;
I memorize your eyes and tiny nose.

Through misty eyes, I dim the light,
I whisper, "I love you" every night.
I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.

Joshua Angelo, you are heaven sent;
An inspiration and guardian angel
There’s innocence in your eyes,
Warmth in your touch and magic in your smile.

You are my bundle of joy.
You are my  God-given man.
You are my reason for living,
My heart's yours forever little one.

Now you’re turning three,
I hope and pray you’ll be truly happy
With your Daddy, Mommy and Wacki
I love you forever. Happy Birthday, baby...


No comments:

Post a Comment